Friday, December 14, 2018

Post 8: My Initial Proposal


I have two distinct ideas for 30 second fast food adverts. From the brief, considering the target audience was 16-25 year olds, to meet their requirements I decided that a cast of teens in both adverts was essential and that both males and females were represented. The target audience also had to be in a defined geographical region. I made sure it would be relatable to the target audience by using common locations such as a house and a public park. The brief also states that the adverts should use techniques such as humour to engage the target audience. I took inspiration from the 'Balti Rocks' advert by Just Eat where after the logo is shown there is a final humorous end scene. I planned for this to happen in both my adverts in order for the adverts to be more memorable and to emotionally appeal to the audience. Both of my adverts also had to use the same tagline thus adding to the memorability. Therefore I made a tagline reflected this, and I came up with "Drop it while it's hot". 

Advert 1:
  • The advert starts off with a dishevelled player knocking on the door to his home
  • door opens, sister greets him, he continues walking in giving the cold shoulder
  • sister has a little internal monologue
  • decides Your Food is the best solution
  • Whips out phone and orders Your Food
  • Food comes immediately
  • she rushes to the door with glee
  • quickly brings food to depressed brother who springs to life and dives at the food in slow mo (consistent theme between both ads)
  • The player's face should light up like in the the "Balti Rocks" advert
Advert 2;
  • Ad starts off with a protagonist's basketball montage
  • Player gets shooting fouled
  • he gets ready to take shot
  • realises he's not playing well because he's hungry
  • whips out phone
  • orders Your Food
  • Delivery man is seen running in distance
  • Everybody turns and runs to get the food first
The slow-motion at the end will be inspired by the Strongbow: "Earn it" advert

Making an initial proposal has helped me shape my ideas and make a first step towards making a complete plot for my advert.  I will progress my developing the idea and putting in the form of a timeline and storyboard to gain a greater idea of what the advert should look like. I thought it was significant to include the brand values of being fast, reliable and diverse because that was something that important in my target audience research.

No comments:

Post a Comment