Friday, December 14, 2018

Post 11: My Practice shoot

The Practice shoot was significant as it gave me an idea as to if my shots were do-able and if my concepts could accurately be portrayed in the 30 second time limit. I tested this by filming and editing a practice shoot of the adverts on my phone.




Overall, I can say that i am fairly confident in the way the rough cuts ended up. Even without narration and music, you can understand what was intended and both adverts and the timings are really close to where they should be. However, there were issues with lighting in my second advert where the sun was too bright and thus cast long shadows into my shot. To make this less obvious next time, I will shoot on a cloudy day at midday so that the extent of the shadows are minimised. The first advert's acting proved a little harder, the celebrations looked mechanical and the way the shot pans out makes the whole situation hard to watch. I suggest that in the next attempt, these few shots with the opposing team be cut as that would mean the scenes flow better with major cuts from setting to setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment